Rules / Guidelines
Please read all rules and regulations before submitting your project
What we’re looking for?
Story-based Martial Arts or Action films in the form of narrative (fiction)
Stand Alone Martial Arts or Action Scenes
A Short Film is considered 30 minutes or less (including credits)
A Feature film is considered 60 minutes or more
By submitting your film, take note that:
- You agree to use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be considered in multiple categories.
- The films will not be available online.
We do not accept:
1. Amateur videos
2. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations
3. Films involving politics / films promoting political agenda
4. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD)
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Stunt Coordinator
Best Fight Choreography
Best Gun Choreography
Best Car Chase
Best Action Team
Best Original Score
Best Sound Design
Best Stunt Performer
Best Action Sequence
Best Action Scene (Stand alone)
1. Upload an official poster
3. Vimeo/ Youtube link or upload your film to FilmFreeway submission page.
We do not accept DVD, Blue Ray or DCP files. We accept all genre in any language, from around the world. Please select the right category while submitting to avoid disqualification.
International Action Film Awards is hereby granted the rights to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
The Competition reserves the right to refuse entries.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless International Action Film Awards, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
By submitting your film to the International Action Film Awards the individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.